The sport of reining has exploded in recent years. It’s no mystery why! The sliding stops, fast spins, and lead changes make it a thrilling discipline to ride. The community of reiners are also very welcoming. You can find classes for all different levels. Nowadays, it’s also a lot easier to locate a nearby instructor.
Why You Should Try Reining
- There are a lot of fun maneuvers you get to ride.
- You don’t need fancy silver tack or custom clothes.
- There are prizes and cash to be won!
- While mostly Quarter Horses are used, the discipline is open to other breeds like Arabians and Morgans.
- Reining encourages riders to be there best versions.
- Riders get to show off the athleticism of their horses.
- Freestyle reining allows riders to create their own pattern with music. You can let your creativity show!
- The community is supportive and welcoming!
- There are entry-level classes for those just beginning.
- In most areas, you can find an instructor or trainer to get you started.
Who’s ready to give it a try? There are plenty of resources to get you going. Start by watching a show or taking a lesson! You won’t be disappointed.