Our Newsletter to your inbox every week!
Beetroot and tuna cucumber rolls
Recipe courtesy of Tales of a Kitchen
- 2 beetroots, washed and peeled
- grated horseradish, to taste
- apple cider vinegar, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- extra virgin cold pressed olive oil, to taste
- 1 Lebanese cucumber (or regular)
- 1 small can of tuna in spring water
- Boil the beets until tender.
- Allow them to cool and then grate them. Careful not to get any on your clothes as it stains.
- Add beets to a bowl and mix them with horseradish, apple cider vinegar, sea salt, black pepper and olive oil. (see notes below)
- Thinly sliced your cucumber and place the slices on paper towels to absorb the extra moisture.
- To make a roll spread 1 tsp of the beet mix on a cucumber slice and 3/4 tsp of flaked tuna on top. Roll and set aside. Continue with the rest.