Our Newsletter to your inbox every week!
Feta and Cucumber Dipping Sauce
Recipe courtesy of One Perfect Bite
- 4 medium cucumbers, peeled
- Coarse salt
- 2 cups plain whole-milk yogurt (16 ounces), preferably Greek
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint, plus 1 sprig for garnish
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- Freshly ground pepper
- Sliced Cucumbers for lining the bowl for lining bowl (optional)
- Crudites, for serving
- Halve cucumbers, and scoop out seeds using a melon baller or small spoon. Grate cucumbers using large holes of a box greater. Transfer grated cucumbers to a colander; set over a bowl to drain. Stir in 2 teaspoons salt; let cucumber mixture stand 15 minutes to drain.
- Rinse cucumbers; shake out excess liquid. Wrap in a clean kitchen towel; squeeze out as much liquid as possible. A potato ricer may also be used to extract liquid.
- Stir together cucumbers, yogurt, feta, chopped mint, garlic, cream, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. If desired, transfer dip to a bowl lined with cucumber slices. Garnish dip with mint sprig if desired. Serve with pita chips or crudites. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.