Our Newsletter to your inbox every week!
Cucumber Ice Cream
Recipe courtesy of the Pickled Pancreas
- 5 medium cucumbers peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 1 c. low-fat milk
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. whiskey(optional, but it’s tasty and discourages ice crystals from forming)
- 3 tbs. agave nectar
- Puree the cucumbers in a blender until smooth. Put a fine strainer over a bowl and pour the puree into the strainer, letting it hang out for 10 minutes or so.
- When the water and pulp are separated, put the pulp back into the blender. (The water that is left will be a gorgeous green and happily cucumbery. You can discard it, but that would be a shame – why not pour it into an ice cube tray and have cucmber ice cubes for your seltzer?) Add the milk, cream, whiskey, and agave to the blender along with the cucumber puree and blend until well combined.
- Put the mixture into the refrigerator until it is really cold (at least an hour) and then freeze it in your ice cream maker according to the ice cream maker’s directions.