Things happen. Life gets busy. Injuries occur. Then, to top it all off, competition is always on the horizon. The question of the day is – how do you combat busy seasons and injuries, along with looking down the barrel of the gun of upcoming competition? The answer? Swimming!
Yes, You heard us right – Swimming. Finding a professional facility to swim your horse(s) at could save you and your horse loads of time, as well as protect them from future injuries. Take a look below at the top 7 reason why you should be swimming your horse!
7 Reasons Why You Should Swim Your Horse
- Helps with rehabilitation following an injury.
- Low Impact
- Improves cardiovascular and respiratory strength/endurance
- Reduces the chance of musculoskeletal injuries
- Mental stimulation is increased
- 2 * 1 ratio to regular exercise. Meaning if you swim a horse for 7 days that is the equivalent of 14 days of traditional riding. This SAFELY cuts your time in half when legging horses up, to get back to competition.
- Increase career longevity for your equine partner
For more on information on keeping your equine partner(s) happy and healthy click HERE!