We all know cowgirls are not opposed to a hard day’s work, especially one spent at the barn. To spend a day taking care of our horses, we first have to take care of ourselves. Stay healthy at the barn by bringing these necessities!
- Water bottle. Staying hydrated at the barn is much easier when you have access to cold water at all times (and no, the hose doesn’t count). During the summers, it is easy to get dehydrated with the sun and heat on you.
- Cooler with snacks. Your own nutrition is just as important as your horses! When you are working those long hours, your body needs fuel. Fuel it right by packing a cooler filled with fruits, granola bars and other healthy snacks!
- Sunscreen. Sunscreen is a must at the barn! Avoid that nasty sunburn by keeping sunscreen on you at all times. Remember to reapply as needed!
- Hat of some kind. Protect your face, ears and neck from the sun by wearing a hat! You can choose anywhere from a cowboy hat to a helmet with a brim to a baseball cap to a visor!
- Earbuds. The long hours of work go by much quicker while jamming out to your favorite playlist or listening to your favorite podcast!
Want to know how to put the fun into cleaning stalls? Check it out here!