Without a doubt, the landscape of the Western industry has changed. It has become modernized and digitized to an extent that has not been seen before. Behind the scenes and in front of the audience, the dominating factor is a force of females. This surge of young women is determining what you see, hear, purchase, and admire, and is emerging as a force worth reckoning with.
COWGIRL’s mission is to seek out and publicly recognize these young women who are making a name for themselves in the Western industry. Whether they be corporate executives, professional athletes, media professionals, or working cowgirls, we aim to bring them to light to show the industry just how vital these young and talented women are to our industry. We also aim to create and grow a network of individuals who can serve as role models and mentors for the future leaders of our industry.
COWGIRL will once again honor 30 women who are 30 years of age or under and have shown significant dedication to the Western industry. The application is open to anyone in the Western industry who meets the following requirements:
Applicants must …
- Be female 30 years of age or under as of December 31, 2022.
- Be a career professional within the Western industry.
- Have worked, performed, or competed in the Western industry for at least two years.
- Show a significant dedication to the Western industry.
- Provide at least one letter of recommendation from a colleague that also works in the Western industry.
- Have completed and submitted the COWGIRL 30 Under 30 application form.
The COWGIRL 30 Under 30 Class of 2023 application can be accessed here.
Applications will be open on August 15, 2022, at 12 AM MST and close on October 15, 2022, at 11:59 PM MST. There is a $125 Application Fee to submit.
Once selected, the 30 young women will:
- Be featured in COWGIRL Magazine, both in our print issue and online
- Be invited to 30 Under 30 celebratory events in Fort Worth, Texas, the weekend of March 10, 2023.
- Receive personalized awards from a few amazing sponsors!
COWGIRL 30 Under 30, presented by Wrangler, is sponsored by Cavender’s, Charlie 1 Horse Hats, Corral Boots, Durango Boots, Montana Silversmiths, Old Gringo Boots, The Cowboy Channel, and The Dude Ranchers’ Association.