Our Newsletter to your inbox every week!
Barn rules were designed to keep riders and their horses safe and happy. It can be hard to share a facility with others. After all, everyone has a certain way they like to do things. Rules help the entire barn get on the same page. Everyone will know what is expected of them!
- If you open a gate, then make sure to close it up afterwards. Double check it before you leave!
- Turn off the barn lights when you’re done.
- Sweep up the grooming or cross-tie area afterwards.
- If your horse poops in the riding arena, then scoop it up!
- Don’t borrow other boarder’s tack without asking.
- If you move things in the arena, then put them back when you’re done.
- Don’t feed other people’s horses without their permission.
- Kids must be watched at all times. They shouldn’t scream, run, or cry around the horses.
- No smoking in the barn or on the property.
- If you break anything, be prepared to fix it or replace it.
Every barn needs a good set of rules! Make sure they’re clearly displayed and boarders are aware of them. There’s no reason for anyone not to follow them!