Our Newsletter to your inbox every week!
Supplies You’ll Need:
- Curry Mitt or Glove
- Horse Shampoo
- Sweat Scraper
Steps to Follow:
- Start with your horse in the cross ties. Begin by spraying warm water on all four legs. You can move to the shoulders, neck, and body once your horse is comfortable.
- Work in the shampoo with your fingers, sponge, or curry mitt. Don’t forget the tail and mane.
- Thoroughly rinse the shampoo off.
- Use the sweat scraper to remove excess water from his body. Towels can be used on sensitive places like the legs.
- Use a light mist on your horse’s face. A damp towel or sponge can also be used.
- A bucket is helpful for submerging the entire tail in.
- A spray nozzle with multiple options is ideal. Use the setting your horse is most comfortable with.
- Horse conditioner in the mane and tail will make it silky and smooth.