Magpie West Leather Co. recently shared her cookie recipe for “The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies in the West” in her latest Instagram post.
She writes, “Here’s me reminding you that it’s 100% OK to take the afternoon to randomly bake a mean batch of chocolate chip cookies. Don’t get so caught up in the hustle that you miss out on the little things… These bad boys will knock your socks off. Be sure to take some to your neighbors. I didn’t create this recipe but I’ve been using it forever. Enjoy, cowboy gals!”
We have shared the recipe below!
- “2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 3 cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips”
- “Preheat oven to 350
- Beat batter until fluffy
- Add sugars and beat well until very fluffy, at least 1 minute
- Add vanilla and eggs one at a time. Beat well.
- Add flour (spooned & leveled), but don’t beat yet.
- Stir baking soda & salt into flour.
- Mix on low just until there are still white streaks in the dough.
- Add chocolate chips until just barely mixed in. For cowboy cookies, you can also add oats, coconut, & walnuts (my personal favorite).
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. Cookies should be pretty pale.
- Immediately after cookies come out of the oven, use two spoons to push each cookie together. Work your way around the edge.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.”
Recipe provided by Magpie West Leather Co.