Our Newsletter to your inbox every week!
It’s never too soon to start collecting recipes for lemonade, this Blackberry Basil Lemonade was something I created after a day of picking blackberries in the woods.
- 5 lemons
- 10 cups cold water
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup white sugar
- 10 large basil leaves
- *Extra berries for garnish or ice cubes
- Add water to a pitcher.
- Wash, halve & juice the lemons. Make sure all of the seeds are removed & add the lemon juice & pulp to the pitcher.
- Add blackberries & basil to a bowl & muddle them until they are crushed. Add to the pitcher.
- Pour in sugar. If you like your lemonade sweet, you are going to want more. I like my drinks tart so I opted for not a lot of sugar.
- Mix well & serve over ice.
- Garnish with basil leaves, blackberries & lemons.
For an adult version of this drink try adding a shot of berry vodka.