If you like your vegetables with a side of Bloody Mary than this one’s for you!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 6
- 1 cup roasted red peppers (packed in water) drained
- 46 ounces chilled vegetable juice
- ½ cup prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup chilled vodka
- kosher salt
- Garnishes: olives, mini gherkins, tipsy onions, peppers, celery, cherry tomatoes, hot sauce, pickled green beans or asparagus, lemons or limes (Get wild with it!)
- In the jar of a blender, puree the roasted red peppers until you have a puree. If they are difficult to puree, than add ½ cup of the vegetable juice.
- In a large pitcher combine the roasted peppers, the vegetable juice, the horseradish, celery seeds, Worcestershire and vodka. Mix really well and then season to taste with kosher salt.
- Fill glasses with ice and pour over the ice. Garnish as desired.
- Rub a lemon wedge around the rim of the glass and dip it in kosher salt. (Optional!)
Recipe courtesy of Heather Cristo.
Brunch so hard! Pair this delicious cocktail with a bold taste of southwestern flavor with one of our favorites from COWGIRL Recipes, Stacked Enchiladas with Red Chiles.
For more spicy recipes check out Books We Love: 101 things To Do With Chile Peppers!