No matter what time of the year it is, everyone should have an arsenal of comfort food recipes for when the occasion strikes. This recipe by Campbell’s Kitchen is guaranteed to become one of your favorites.
- 2 cans Campbells condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper, ground
- 8 cups green beans, cooked
- 2 2/3 cups French’s French Fried Onions
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the soup, milk, half of the cheese, 5 tablespoons bacon, black pepper, and 1 1/3 cups onions. For best results, mix in a 3-quart baking dish.
2) Put mixture in oven for 15 minutes, or until hot. The longer you bake, the softer the beans are. Stir bean mixture. Add onions, bacon, and remaining cheese.
3) Bake for 5 minutes, or until onions have achieved a golden brown color.