Celebrating its 126th annual season, Cheyenne Frontier Days honors its authentic western roots each year with the world’s largest outdoor rodeo and celebration of Western heritage. A festival unlike any other, this 10-day event draws many professional level contestants from across the country to compete in its fast-paced rodeo for more than $1M in cash and prizes. Featuring a PRCA tournament style rodeo, aptly called the “Daddy of ‘Em All,” this rodeo highlights a variety of events for men and women to compete at the highest level including bareback riding, barrel racing, bull riding, steer wrestling, wild horse races and many more.
In addition to a world-class rodeo experience, Cheyenne Frontier Days is jam packed with celebrations reminiscent of the American West and will have visitors leaving feeling like a modern-day cowboy or cowgirl.
- Each evening, Cheyenne Frontier Days will feature the biggest names in rock and country music with an extensive lineup for Frontier Nights. Performers include Jason Aldean with Gabby Barrett and John Morgan, Dierks Bentley with Chancey Williams, Parker McCollum with Ian Munsick and Brett Kissel, Kid Rock with Night Ranger, Koe Wetzel with Jelly Roll and Nelly, Sam Hunt with Russell Dickerson and finally Brooks and Dunn with Elvie Shane.
- Located in the Indian Village, visitors will be immersed in authentic Native American culture with the Eastern Shoshone and Northern Arapaho indigenous tribes. Highlights include performances of traditional dances, tribal storytelling and a large market of Native American crafts and jewelry.
- Step into the past and celebrate Cheyenne’s rich western heritage in the Old Frontier Town. Meet western merchants, craftspeople, artisans and special guest characters from the Wild West throughout the town.
- Dine in true cowboy and cowgirl fashion with Cheyenne Frontier Day’s Chuckwagon Experience and Cookoff where authentically restored chuckwagons and cast-iron equipment provide the perfect backdrop for a traditional camp setting.
- Carnival Midway is a beloved family-friendly favorite for locals and visitors alike. Featuring thrilling rides, delicious fair food and games for the whole family, this carnival is a must-stop.
- Enjoy a free Pancake Breakfast with visitors from all over the world on July 25, 27 and 29 where volunteers will serve more than 100,000 flapjacks for hungry travelers ready to begin their western adventure.
- Celebrate in grand style July 23, 26, 28 and 30 with the Cheyenne Frontier Days Grand Parade. Take in the sites and sounds of some of the country’s top marching bands and horse-drawn vehicles.
- Witness thrilling aerial acrobatics as the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds scream across the clear blue Wyoming skies. Held over the F.E. Warren Air Force Base on July 27 from 10:00 – 11:00 a.m., pilots will showcase impeccable skill and expertise for all to enjoy.
- A popular event for families and cowboy enthusiasts alike, the Cheyenne Gunslingers bring excitement and comedy into their re-enactments of gunfights, western skits and other Wild West activities. Located at Gunslingers Square, 15th and Pioneer Streets, each performance is free and begins with a safety demonstration.
- Providing nightly entertainment for the whole family during Frontier Days, enjoy the 66th annual Old-Fashioned Melodrama. Located at the Historic Atlas Theater, cheer for the hero and boo at the villain at 7:00 p.m. each night of Frontier Days, 9:00 p.m. on select dates and a Sunday 2:00 p.m. matinee.
- Kick off the rodeo week in historic Cheyenne on July 25 with the Cowgirls of the West Brunch and Fashion Show. Held annually at the Grand Ballroom of the Little America Resort & Hotel, this event features a fashion show, silent auction, jewelry showcase, rodeo queens and more.
“We are thrilled to welcome back locals and visitors alike to Cheyenne Frontier Days for its 126th annual celebration,” shares Domenic Bravo, President and CEO for Visit Cheyenne. “This beloved summer festival is an incredible time for our city to showcase a lineup of truly authentic western experiences for all to enjoy. Cheyenne Frontier Days is a wonderful opportunity for travelers to visit the city and explore our great brewery scene, local restaurants, shopping, outdoors and more.”
Cheyenne offers accommodations to meet every budget and need. With more than 2,600 rooms available throughout the city ranging from hotels and ranches to vacation rentals and camping, travelers are sure to find the perfect place to stay.
Beyond the festival, travelers can explore the historic city and its modern Americana appeal. Nestled at the base of the front range of the Rocky Mountains, Cheyenne is where Wyoming starts and an ideal basecamp for those ready to discover a new western adventure.
For those seeking to learn more about Cheyenne Frontier Days or purchase tickets, please visit www.cfdrodeo.com, or call 307-778-7222.