Craving chocolate or a good homemade chocolate cookie? This recipe features brownie mix, chocolate sprinkles and chocolate chunks; consider this new favorite chocolate cookie recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate brownie mix (I used Better Crocker)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 stick butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or chunks
- 1/2 cup chocolate sprinkles
- Combine flour, brownie mix, baking soda & cocoa powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix well & set aside.
- In another bowl add butter & sugar, mix until creamy.
- Beat in egg until the mixture is smooth. I mixed by hand but feel free to use an electric mixer.
- Add the butter, sugar, & egg mixture to the large mixing bowl.
- Stir until the four dissolves & then add in chocolate & sprinkles.
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- This cookie dough is very sticky so put the dough in the freezer for about 20 minutes while the oven pre heats.
- Spoon small balls of the semi frozen dough onto an un greased cookie sheet.
- Try scooping a spoonful of dough & pushing it on to the cookie sheet with your fingers & don’t worry about having perfectly shaped balls. Again, it’s very sticky & this is why you have to put it in the freezer before trying to work with it.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes, mine needed 12 minutes every time.
- Allow them to cool for five minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a cooling rack.
Yields about two dozen cookies.
Photos from Horses & Heels.