Our Newsletter to your inbox every week!
Cheers! We made it through 2020! What better way to ring in 2021 than with a celebratory drink? Here are five options to get your new year started!
The Happy New Year Cocktail
- 1 1/2 ounces brandy
- 3/4 ounce ruby port
- 3/4 ounce orange juice
- 4 ounces champagne
- Gather the ingredients
- Pour the brandy, port, and orange juice into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a Champagne flute.
- Top with Champagne.
- Serve and enjoy.
New Year’s Sparkler
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1-2 teaspoons honey or granulated sugar, adding more or less to taste
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 1/2 ounce coconut rum
- 1/2 ounce orange liquor
- juice of 1/2 lime
- fresh mint, for serving
- sugared cranberries, for serving
- Bring the coconut milk and sugar to a simmer over medium heat in a small saucepan. Simmer 1 minute, then remove from the heat and let cool. To quickly chill, add a of couple ice cubes.
- Fill a cocktail glass with ice.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the tequila, coconut rum, orange liquor, lime juice, and coconut milk. Shake to mix. Strain into your prepared glass. Top with sugared cranberries and mint.
New Year’s Eve Rum Berry Cocktail
- 90 ml spiced rum
- 510 ml pomegranate juice
- 30 ml Cointreau
- 240 ml spiced ginger beer
- 250 g frozen mixed berries
- Ice – optional
- 90 g fresh raspberries
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme
- Pour the rum, pomegranate juice, Cointreau and ginger beer into a large jug. Stir to mix.
- Half fill 4-6 glasses with frozen berries (add a little ice to if you want to).
- Fill the glasses with the cocktail, then top with a few fresh raspberries and a sprig of fresh thyme before serving.
- 1 lime wedge
- 1/3 c. assorted Pop Rocks
- 6 oz. vanilla vodka
- 1 bottle Champagne (or Prosecco)
- 1 (20 oz.) bottle Sprite
- Place all pop rocks on a small shallow plate and mix together with a fork. Wet the rim of each glass with lime wedge, then dip in pop rocks. Repeat until all rims are coated.
- Add an ounce of vanilla vodka to each glass. Divide champagne evenly between glasses, then top with Sprite. Serve chilled.
- 1/2 c. whole cranberries
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar, divided
- 2 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 wedge lime, for rim
- 2 c. cranberry juice
- 12 oz. silver tequila
- 8 oz. triple sec
- 1/2 c. plus 1 tbsp. lime juice, divided
- 12 c. ice
- Mint, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, toss cranberries with 1 tablespoon lime juice. Drain out lime juice, then toss with 2 tablespoons sugar. Pour onto a baking sheet to dry.
- Combine remaining sugar with salt on a shallow plate and mix to combine. Using the lime wedge, wet rim of each glass, then dip in sugar salt mixture.
- Combine cranberry juice, tequila, triple sec, remaining 1/2 cup lime juice, and ice in a large blender, working in batches if necessary. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into prepared glasses and garnish with a sprig of mint and a couple sugared cranberries.