It doesn’t matter how long you’ve been riding, true cowgirls love their horses. They know it the moment they climb in the saddle for the first time. Horseback riding is like no other sport. You develop a special bond, and work together through a partnership. At the end of the day, it’s one of the most rewarding things you can do.
- It’s fun! It’s so easy to spend hours hanging out with your horse and barn buddies. You grow up playing on the hay bales as a kid, to sitting in lawn chairs and sharing horse stories with your best friends as an adult. It doesn’t matter how old you are, horses are for every age. They will make you smile from ear to ear.
- Riding is a workout. I can’t stop there though. Grooming, cleaning stalls, emptying water buckets, it’s all exercise. What’s great, is most of the time you don’t even realize how hard you are working because you enjoy it so much.
- Being with horses is enjoying nature. There’s nothing better than standing in a field and being surrounded by animals, grass, and sunshine on your face. The outdoors has a way of refreshing people.
- Horses teach their owners about themselves. Are you patient? What about competitive? It’s funny what you learn about yourself after spending some time with horses.
- Cowgirls, does your horse inspire you? Most would say they do. Their beauty, stamina, and ability to connect with us is far different than anything else.
- The barn allows riders to wind down after a long day. It’s peaceful and many would say a form of therapy.
- Barn friends are the best! They listen to your stories, training problems, and everything else in-between. Most of all they just get it. They understand why you love your horse.
Take a few moments to appreciate all that barn life has done for you. It’s hard to imagine life without horses. Do you agree?