Maybe you’ve been dreaming of giant teddy bears and bouquets of roses lately, but instead of waiting around for prince charming, why don’t you show your one true love how much they really mean to you? Get your buns in the kitchen and cook up some delightfully sweet treats for the one that’s always down for wet kisses!
Delightfully Sweet Valentine’s Horse Treats
- 1 bag conversation heart candy
- 1 cup quaker oats
- ½ cup flax seeds
- 1 cup red/purple carrots
- 1 can sliced beets, drained
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Large mixing bowl
- Mini muffin tray (heart-shaped to be extra cute, if available)
- Cooling rack(s)
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Chop up carrots and beets into small pieces.
- Mix together oats, flax seeds, brown sugar, flour and salt in large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the carrots and beets.
- Add molasses and mix well.
- Put mixture into mini muffin tray, filling each spot a little over half full.
- Press a candy heart into the center of each treat and bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove promptly and allow to cool on cooling racks.
- Share with your sweet four-legged friends!
Leftover treats can be stored in a sealed bag or container to keep fresh until gone, which shouldn’t take long!