Our Newsletter to your inbox every week!
Who doesn’t love donuts? Even your horse can enjoy these yummy treats! Talk about the tastiest reward out there. Your horse will be begging you for more. The fun part is you can get creative and make these donuts yourself. They only require a few simple ingredients.
Credit: The Cheshire Horse
Ingredients for Dough:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 pinches cinnamon
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 medium sized apple
- 3/4 cup water
- toppings (such as: sprinkles)
Ingredients for Icing:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 325º F.
- Mix the flour and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Grate up the apple. You can toss the core. Use a paper towel to squeeze out any extra water from the apple.
- Combine the apple pieces and peanut butter into the bowl with the flour. Slowly add water until the mixture thickens and forms dough.
- Next, take a portion of the dough and form a ball (roughly the size of a ping-pong ball). Roll it into a snake and then attach the ends to create the doughnut shape.
- Continue making more with the remaining dough. Place each one on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes. They should be golden brown. Afterwards, place them on a drying rack to cool.
Make the Icing:
1. Put powdered sugar into a bowl.
2. Mix water with sugar until you have a smooth consistency.
After the donuts have cooled, you can decorate them by dipping them each into the icing. While the icing is still wet, add sprinkles and other fun toppings that are horse-friendly.
Follow this video for another cool donuts recipe.
Your horse will be in heaven after trying one of these yummy treats!
For more fun ideas check out: Easy Homemade Horse Treats You Can Make Yourself!