Riding year-round, mucking stalls, and carrying hay bales can beat your hands up quickly. Life on a working horse farm is not kind to them! Regular hand lotions hardly fix the problem. That’s why you need to get creative and make your own. This DIY hand cream is simple to create and only requires a few ingredients. Your hands will be supple and soft!
Homemade Hand Cream Recipe
(Courtesy of: The Prairie Homestead)
- 1/4 cup shea butter
- 1/8 cup sweet almond oil
- 1 tablespoon beeswax
- 10 drops myrrh essential oil
- 10 drops cedarwood essential oil
Optional: You can try other essential oils too. Lavender, geranium, frankincense, and sandalwood are also good for skincare.
- In a double boiler (a glass jar placed in a pot of simmering water), melt the shea butter, beeswax, and sweet almond oil together.
- Continue to stir the mixture.
- Once melted, remove it from the heat and sit it out to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in the essential oils.
- Lastly, pour the mixture into a small glass container to harden.
Shea butter and sweet almond oil are exceptional moisturizers. They’ll leave your cracked hands smooth. The beeswax holds the cream together. And the essential oils will not only smell great, but also nourish your skin.
Cowgirls, no reason to let your hands stay cracked and dry. This simple recipe is easy to follow and requires just five ingredients.
Feeling creative? Check out ‘3 Horse Themed DIY Projects With Big Style‘!