With the cost of everything rising, you may need to turn to some inexpensive alternatives. Dollar stores offer tons of useful items for only a single dollar. Most barn owners wouldn’t think to shop at one, but they have many cleaning, grooming, and organizational items that you’ll find handy.
Barn-Friendly Dollar Store Items
- Hair brush for grooming
- Small rubber bands for braiding
- Shampoo, conditioner, and detangler- Look for something gentle like baby soap!
- Gardening tools
- Men’s high knee socks
- Spray bottles
- Diaper wipes (for cleaning tack and grooming)
- Toilet bowel scrubber (useful for cleaning buckets)
- Bleach and other cleaning products
- Buckets of all shapes and sizes (great for organizing grooming brushes and miscellaneous items)
- Flags, mini tarps, and pool noodles (useful for desensitizing)
- Diapers (hoof abscesses)
- Fake flowers and decor (dress up your arena with the flowers and add a special touch to your office or lounge)
- Small dry erase whiteboard
This is a small sample of helpful items you might find. Many times the selection will vary between stores. The best thing to do is head out to your local one and see what they have!