Our Newsletter to your inbox every week!
- They have excellent memories. Some can remember things up to 25 years ago!
- Donkeys are considered all-terrain animals. They fare far better than horses in different environments.
- They can live up to 40 years!
- Their large ears allow them to hear up to 60 miles away in the proper conditions.
- If danger is sensed, the donkey will refuse to move. It’s their intelligence, rather than being stubborn.
- There are 3 different types- miniature: up to 36 inches, standard: 36-54 inches, and mammoth: more than 54 inches tall.
- They have a very efficient digestive system that can break down even the most inedible vegetation.
- Donkeys and horses can be crossbred to create mules or hinnies.
- Because of their origin in the desert and the high temperatures, donkeys rarely run. This instinct just isn’t there.
- They don’t like the rain and their hair isn’t waterproof.
There are so many reasons to love these amazing animals. If you’ve ever thought of owning one, then check out: 5 Reasons Why Your Farm Needs A Donkey! You won’t be disappointed when you add one of these cuties to your farm.