The seasonal weather shift means more parties and gatherings for friends and family. Whip up a batch of this black bean and chickpea dip for your guests; it’s packed with flavor and protein. I have made it several times for parties and trust me, the bowl always comes back empty.
- 1 15 ounce can of black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 15 ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 2 small jalapenos, sliced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup frozen or fresh corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine black beans & chick peas. Mash them together, also feel free to use a food processor on a slow speed.
- Add sour cream, green peppers, jalapenos, tomato, cilantro and corn. Mix well.
- Stir in remaining spices – cumin, black pepper, sea salt.
- Serve cold & garnish with cilantro.
Recipe and photos via Horses & Heels.