Our Newsletter to your inbox every week!
- First, take both feet out of the stirrups.
- Let go of the reins and make sure they are out of the way.
- Lean forward and put both of your hands at your horse’s wither or on the horn of the saddle.
- Swing your legs back and forth a few times to gain momentum.
- Kick your right or left leg back as if dismounting regularly and brace against the horse’s neck as you push off.
- Lastly, bend your knees as you land on your feet. Make sure to get out of your horse’s way.