Our Newsletter to your inbox every week!
Essential oils are a safe, therapeutic way to treat various aliments both in horses and their riders. If you have an anxious or stressed out horse, it’s your responsibility to ease their worry and help them get calm. Stress can affect them mentally and physically.
Top 10 Essential Oils for Stress
- Lavender: The perfect choice for horses suffering from restlessness and anxiety.
- Frankincense: Improves breathing for the anxious horse. It can be used to help the horse conquer their fears.
- Cedar wood: In times of change, this oil is soothing and relaxing.
- Roman Chamomile: Calms nervousness
- Rose: Helpful in times of grief or loss
- Lemon: Uplifts the mood
- Jasmine: Centers the mind and keeps the horse grounded
- Vetiver: Eases the symptoms of anxiety
- Bergamot: Known as an anti-depressant
- Basil: Muscle-relaxing effects that soothe tension
Young Living and Doterra are large distributors of essential oils. There are quite a few other companies that sell high-quality, therapeutic-grade oils, as well. Make sure to do your research before introducing a new oil.
Looking for more calming tips? Check out: Get Your Horse Calm With A Sniff Of This!