When the temperatures climb, the bugs come out! Your horse is likely to be miserable this summer unless you protect them from flies, gnats, tick and other pesky insects. Many turn to fly spray, but most are loaded with chemicals and can get pricey. Essential oils are here to rescue you and your horse this season. They’re natural and effective!
10 Essential Oils You Need to Fight Bugs
1. Peppermint: It naturally repels gnats, fruit flies, flies, moths, spiders, ants, cockroaches, wasps, stink bugs and more!
2. Lemongrass: Mosquitos, no-see-ums, flies, fleas and ticks hate this stuff.
3. Citronella: You can say goodbye to mosquitos, gnats, ticks and wasps!
4. Cedarwood: Mosquitos, flies, fleas, ticks, mites and lice stay away from this essential oil.
5. Lavender: It repels a variety of different bugs including- mosquitos, flies, gnats, ants, ticks and lice.
6. Cinnamon: It keeps wasps, spiders, earwigs and others away from your barn.
7. Spearmint: Goodbye ants, flies, gnats, mosquitoes, spiders and more!
8. Tea tree: This oil repels lice and mites.
9. Sweet orange: It’s able to keep flies, gnats, ants, lice, ticks and others away.
10. Lemon eucalyptus: This one is highly effective against mosquitoes!
The bugs won’t know what hit them!
Don’t forget to check out: The Attack Of Horse Flies Around The Barn!