Our Newsletter to your inbox every week!
20-Minute Horse TreatsIngredients: 4-5 cups of oatmeal 2 cups of molasses 3 cups of grain 2-3 cups of flour 1 cup of water 2 tbsp of corn oil Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and then add the liquid ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly until the entire mixture is coated and moist.
- Add either liquid or solid until you’re able to form the mixture into small balls.
- Roll balls lightly in salt then press onto a cookie sheet. Or you can spread a layer of the mixture on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
No-Bake Sweet Grain and Apple Horse SnackIngredients: 1 large apple (hollowed) Sweet grain Dry oats Shredded carrots Molasses Honey Directions:
- Hollow apple and set aside.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Fill the hollowed apple with the mixed ingredients.
- Store in refrigerator if not used right away.
Baked Carrot Crisp Horse TreatsIngredients: 2 carrots, shredded 1.5 apple, shredded 1/3 cup molasses 3/4 cup flour 1/2 cup water 3/4 cup bran 3/4 cup oatmeal Directions:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Generously grease a muffin tin.
- Mix carrots and apples into a bowl with molasses, bran, water, flour, and oatmeal. Mixture should have a thick and doughy consistency. Add more bran if needed.
- Scoop dough into a muffin tin and bake in the oven for 30-50 minutes or until well cooked.
Recipes Courtesy of: Saratoga Stalls.