If you’re looking to try something new with your horse, agility might be the sport for you! Similar to what you might see in a dog agility competition, handlers guide their horses through a series of obstacles. It is a great way to connect with your horse and test the bond you have. The levels get more complex as you progress. What are you waiting for? Give it a shot!
The International Horse Agility Club hosts competitions worldwide. You don’t actually have to go anywhere though…you can videotape your entry right in your own backyard. There are ten levels of competition. Work your way through tunnels, seesaws, jumps, hoops, and water.
It doesn’t matter how old you are or what type of horse you have. All fitness and training levels are welcomed. The club has hundreds of registered horses and members from many different countries. You can reach out to others for training tips. There’s also videos to help you along the way.
Here’s How It Works
- Become a member of The International Horse Agility Club.
- Every month a new agility course is posted online for you to recreate at your home.
- Film yourself completing the course with your horse.
- Upload your entry to YouTube and submit it.
- Win prizes and receive feedback on your performance.
For more information, check out the sport here: