It doesn’t matter if you’re going on a short trip or one for several days, having the right horse trailer accessories can make a big difference! Don’t learn the hard way. There’s nothing worse than being stranded on the side of the road without help. Luckily, you can try to prevent that!
Horse Trailer Accessories
- A jiffy jack and lug nut wrench: These basic supplies will be needed to change out a flat tire on your trailer.
- Simple tool box: A hammer, screwdriver, utility knife, and duct tape can be handy in a variety of situations.
- Water: Bring a few large jugs of water for your horse (and even yourself)! In the event you break down, your horse will need to stay hydrated. Sometimes, it can take hours before help arrives. A water tank can also be very helpful. Some rodeos or show grounds may not have water available.
- First-aid kit: Minor accidents can happen when hauling horses, so best be prepared to treat them!
- Shavings: They absorb urine and cushion your horse’s ride.
- Trailer tie: Safely keep your horse secured with a tie.
- Organizers: Most people need quite a bit of tack and accessories for their road trip.
- Trailer camera: Though this item may seem like a luxury, a trailer camera can be very useful. If you’re trailering a long distance, it’s nice to be able to keep an eye on your horses.
Hauling your horse doesn’t have to be stressful, you just need to be prepared!