Our Newsletter to your inbox every week!
Get your horse ready for their next fun show, parade or photoshoot with this amazing glitter hack! Their hooves will be twinkling and sparkling all day long. This DIY project is simple and only requires a few supplies. Let’s get this party started!
DIY Glitter Tutorial
Courtesy of: Sandra Beaulieu
- Hoof polish: black (preferably) or clear
- Glitter: regular craft store kind, any color
- Latex gloves
- Piece of wood
- Clean any mud or shavings off your horse’s hooves.
- Place their hoof on a piece of wood to keep it clean.
- Brush the polish on one hoof. Only do one at a time!
- Immediately sprinkle the glitter onto the hoof.
- Wait for each hoof to dry before riding, about 10 minutes.
You can also add sparkle to your horse’s mane and tail. You just need to spray it with Super Hold hairspray and sprinkle some glitter into the hairs.
If you’re looking for something a little less messy, then you can try hoof decals. They come in all different colors and designs.