Our Newsletter to your inbox every week!
- Buy a few cheap brushes and screw them into an old wooden fence post, with the bristly side out, to make a scratching post for your horses’ buns that won’t ruin their tails!
- Saturate white manes and tails with ketchup and leave for 15-20 minutes before rinsing out. It will make less of a mess with tails if you tie them up or put them in a tail bag during the soaking period.
- Put apples into a full water trough to entertain horses for hours, while they try bobbing for these tasty treats.
- Take two tennis balls and cut slits in them on opposing sides. Then slip the balls over the ends of your cross ties to keep them quiet.
- Cut the toe out of old socks and slip them over your horse’s legs for extra protection.
- Cover feed buckets with mosquito netting, if they will be sitting out before meals, in order to keep bugs out.
- Apply Hooflex to hooves in the winter to keep snowballs from forming on the bottom of your horse’s hooves.
- Freeze a few gallon jugs of water and place them in outdoor water troughs during the summertime heat to keep your water, and your horse, cool.