Our Newsletter to your inbox every week!
There’s nothing more satisfying on a hot summer day than a cold treat. I’m sure your horse would agree! You can make your horse their own frozen popsicle with a few basic ingredients like fruit and applesauce. These DIY popsicles are mighty yummy! Even you can snack on them.
Ice Cube Treats
Courtesy of: Dover Saddlery
- Ice cube tray
- Baby food puree or applesauce
- Fruit of choice
- Cut the fruit up into small pieces.
- Put a few in each ice cube mold.
- Fill up the rest with applesauce or baby puree.
- Let this freeze overnight.
- Feed them right from your hand.
Frozen Fruit Salad
- A bucket
- Feed pan
- Watery fruit like watermelon, oranges, apples, etc…
- Dice up fruit and put it into the bucket.
- Fill the bucket up with water.
- Freeze it overnight.
- Turn the bucket over into a feed pan for a large frozen treat.
These aren’t frozen, but they’re so cute for summer!
Your horse will really appreciate one of these tasty summer treats, and it’ll keep them hydrated!