Our Newsletter to your inbox every week!
Most people enjoy a frozen treat like a popsicle, so why not let your horse try an icy snack! It’ll keep them cool and get them get through these blazing temperatures. These icy fruit treats are simple to make and come in a wide variety! They’ll give your horse an opportunity to try something new and yummy.
Ingredients & Supplies:
- Any horse-friendly fruit or vegetable! Apples, carrots, strawberries, grapes, and many others make good treats
- Apple juice
- Plastic cups or small Tupperware container
- Cut up your horse’s favorite fruits and veggies into small pieces.
- Lay them at the bottom of the cup or plastic container.
- Fill up each container with 50% water and 50% apple juice.
- Place in the freezer overnight (or until frozen).
- Scoop them out of the container and drop one into your horse’s feed bin.
- Watch them enjoy this yummy treat!
It’s that simple! Your horse will be so grateful for an icy treat. It also gives you the chance to find out what fruits and vegetables they like!