Do you feel yourself lacking motivation to ride? It happens to the best of us! Sometimes, you just need a little inspiration to get going again. Riders find this in all different ways. Some take a lesson or attend a clinic, while others try a new discipline or ride with friends. There are plenty of ways to get your spark back!
Improving Your Motivation
- Take a lesson or attend a clinic. You’ll likely learn something new, which can be just the inspiration you need to keep practicing at home.
- Watch your trainer or a professional ride. You can aspire to ride like them!
- Plan for a show. Set your sights on a future show and work hard to get ready for it.
- Keep a riding journal. Jot down your successes and what you’re working through. As the weeks go on, you’ll be able to see all the progress you’re having.
- Dedicate specific days each week to ride.
- Set short- and long-term goals.
- Ride with friends! Riding with others can be a good change of pace.
- Try a new discipline. It’s always fun to try something different.
- Don’t be afraid to take a break from riding and do groundwork instead. There are plenty of ways to have fun with your horse outside of the saddle.
What works for you may not be the solution for someone else. Try a few different things!