Does the cold weather have you stuck inside? You can still improve your riding from the comfort of your warm home. Journaling is a great way to improve your mental game! Prepare for your next ride by responding to these prompts.
- Why did you fall in love with your event?
2. What made you fall in love with your horse?
3. What is your first memory of the event?
4. What was your first impression of your horse?
5. Where do you see yourself in five years with your horse or your event?
6. Write a visualization of one of your goals. Include all the sights, smells, etc. Write as if you are there in the moment!
7. Write down five mantras to tell yourself before riding. Keep them in the present tense, so you can repeat them to yourself in the mirror.
8. What is your biggest achievement with your horse? How did it make you feel?
9. Write a visualization of your best ride. What did you do during it? How did it feel? Why do you think the ride went so well?
10. What is some training you want to work on with your horse on your next ride? How will you apply the training?