Your child learns to post and ask for the lope. They learn to sit tall and keep their heels down, but even more important they acquire valuable life skills. Horse are great teachers for children! Most are kind, patient, and FUN. Your kid likely begs to go back to the barn and ride again.
Lessons Learned From Horseback
- When you fall, get back up.
- You can be afraid, but don’t let that stop you from trying.
- You’ll have to trust your instincts when things get messy.
- Nature is beautiful!
- It’s okay to get a little dirt under your fingernails.
- Set boundaries and respect the ones others create.
- Hard work pays off.
- Don’t forget to have fun and smile!
- Ask for help when you need it.
- There’s no such thing as perfect.
This list could go on and on. Horses are such great teachers. Heck, they even teach adults plenty too. If you’ve been on the fence about riding lessons for your child, here’s your message to give them a try!