Our Newsletter to your inbox every week!
Lonesome Dove is right up there with Tombstone for being one of the most iconic Westerns of all time. How could you not love Gus McCrae? If you’re a fan of the film, you’ll appreciate these ten scene stealing lines.
1) It’s not dying I’m talking about, it’s living. – Gus McCrae
2) “What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.” – Gus McCrae
3) “I hate rude behavior in a man. I won’t tolerate it.” – Woodrow Call
4) ”Better to have that and not need it than need it and not have it.” – Woodrow Call
5) “I guess this’ll teach me to be careful about what I promise in the future.” – Woodrow Call
6) “Here’s to the sunny slopes of long ago.” – Gus McCrae
7) “They don’t know it, but the wrath of the Lord is about to descend on ‘em.” – Gus McCrae
8) “Besides a whiskey, I think we will require a little respect. . . . If you care to turn around, you will see what we looked like when we was younger and the people around here wanted to make us senators. What we didn’t put up with back then was doddlin’ service, and as you can see, we still don’t put up with it.” – Gus McCrae
9) “It’s been quite a party ain’t it?” – Gus McCrae
10) What are you talkin’ about? You don’t even like money. You like money even less than you like fun, if that’s possible. – Gus McCrae