Lucchese, the 140-year-old bootmaker and Western lifestyle brand, announced August 30, 2022 their partnership with Texas A&M Athletics and University of Texas Athletics to be the “Official Boot Sponsor” for both historic Texas university athletic programs. All three institutions have a storied history of more than 140 years in the Lone Star State. The three-year multifaceted sponsorship deal includes various activations at both universities’ home sporting events.
In addition to the activations to amplify game day, the bootmaker has exclusive promotional rights and head coach partnerships.
The connection between the two iconic brands and Lucchese will create a Texas-sized presence on campus both in Austin and College Station.The two organizations will participate in marketing and brand activations to enhance the game day experience with Lucchese for their respective fanbases. Lucchese will deploy game day activations inside select DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium and Kyle Field club areas and on Texas Football’s BEVO Blvd and Texas A&M’s Aggie Fan Zone.
Details of the Texas Athletics sponsorship:
- Alongside the various marketing opportunities, Lucchese will deploy game day activations inside DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium club areas. They will also receive a display on BEVO Blvd where they can host fan activities, giveaways and parade watch parties when the team enters the stadium down the boulevard.
- The partnership between Lucchese and Texas Athletics allows official, exclusive and promotional use of brand IP, including online, broadcast and print publications as well as out-of-home billboards and in-venue signage.
- In-stadium marketing for Lucchese features field-level LED signage at both end ones and a balcony rail spectacular across the ribbon board at DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium.
- With one of the largest video boards in college football, fans won’t miss a Lucchese kickoff videoboard feature at the beginning of every first and third quarter each home game this year.
- The western brand is also outfitting the Texas Pom squad with Lucchese boots to wear on game day.
- Lastly, when Texas Basketball moves into the new state-of-the-art Moody Center this fall, fans will see Lucchese’s name on both goal arms during all regular-season men’s and women’s home basketball games.
Details of the Texas A&M Athletics sponsorship:
- In addition to marketing opportunities, Lucchese will deploy interactive experiences within the All-American Club located inside Kyle Club throughout the football season.
- Prior to kickoff, Lucchese will interact with fans and distribute giveaways at two home games in the Aggie Fan Zone.
- The marketing for Lucchese and Texas A&M includes online, broadcast, in-stadium branding, and full rights to the Texas A&M Athletics marks and logos.
- In stadium marketing for Lucchese includes permanent field level signage display, full LED takeover moments on lower level LEDs, logo recognition on main video board, and a PA announcement during LED feature.
- Lucchese will also receive promotion in Texas A&M Athletics print and online publications, radio spots and in-show features in all Aggies Football Network Broadcasts and Jimbo Fisher Coaches Shows.
- Finally, the Lucchese brand will be displayed on both goal arms during all regular-season men’s and women’s home basketball games in Reed Arena.
“Aligning with Texas Athletics and Texas A&M Athletics was a fitting move for our brand,” says Lucchese President Doug Kindy. “These brands are deeply rooted in the Lone Star State’s history and are a big part of what makes Texas, Texas. At Lucchese, we share similar values with these programs. We instill the passion and knowledge of our strong heritage in our team members, which builds on the character and craftsmanship of our legendary handmade boots.”
Click here for more from Lucchese.