Our Newsletter to your inbox every week!
- They have the ultimate level of loyalty. If you own a mare, she more than likely has bonded with just you. Most develop close relationships with their riders and handlers. They seem to be indifferent to all other people.
- Mares are usually more sensitive compared to geldings. They like to work together in a team, rather than be dominated or pushed around.
- This sensitivity can make them extra temperamental though. They’re sassy and unpredictable at times.
- When a mare goes into heat, you never know what to expect. Some riders avoid their horses during that time of the month because they are difficult to handle.
- Geldings are known for being steady and reliable. They make great lesson horses because day in and day out they maintain a consistent attitude and behavior.
- They are forgiving and work well with beginners. Most geldings forgive and forget rider errors easily. They don’t throw a huge fit when asked something in a wrong way.
- Your gelding won’t be as concerned with winning your affection. He won’t bond with you as closely. Instead, he’ll be friendly to everyone.