Every horse owner should be jumping at the chance of making extra money with their horse. Boarding costs, hay fees, farrier bills, and that gorgeous new saddle don’t come free. If you already work a full-time job or spend your days in school, don’t worry! These ten ideas are simple and don’t require too much of your time. Give them a shot and see how much extra cash you can score.
1. Become a brand ambassador and share horse products with your friends. This side job usually requires having a social media presence or being well-established in the equine industry.
2. Sell manure to gardeners. You might need to invest in a setup that allows you to compost, but gardeners pay for aged manure that is rich in nutrients.
3. Give pony rides or beginner lessons on your well-trained horse. Of course, you’ll need to check with your boarding barn or insurance before you start this project.
4. Sell your horse’s unneeded or unwanted tack. No need to hold onto unused tack that’s collecting dust.
5. Write articles to submit to horse publications.
6. Use your horse’s old horseshoes to make crafts and sell them.
7. Braid manes for shows. You can practice on your own horse to make your skills perfect.
8. Does your horse need a friend? You can offer a boarding spot for one or two other horses. You’ll need your own farm for this one.
9. Response to model calls for your horse. Photographers will pay to snap a few shots of your horse and farm.
10. Start a YouTube channel for training and horse advice. After you have a good number of followers, you can sign up for AdSense and get paid for displaying ads on your videos.
Some of these ideas may work for you and your horse, while others may not. Depending on your situation, there is plenty of extra money to be earned if you just get a little creative.