Grooming wipes can be a lifesaver at shows or even for everyday usage around the barn. They collect dust, dirt, and grass stains from your horse, tack, and boots. They’ll also leave a shine behind! While you can purchase wipes at tack stores, they can get pricey. Why not make your own! This recipe is all-natural and super simple.
DIY Grooming Wipes Recipe
- Container or ziplock bag
- Cloths, rags, or extra-strong paper towels
- 3/4 cup Distilled water
- 1/4 cup Witch Hazel
- 1 tsp. Fractionated Coconut Oil
- Essential Oils (optional)
- Combine all ingredients and mix well
- Place several cloths, rags, or extra-strong paper towels in your small container or ziplock bag. Pour the combined ingredients over them, so they’re moist but not dripping wet.
- Mix them well and keep the lid/bag tightly closed.
- Use them on your horse, tack, or boots to remove dirt, dust, and mud!
Essential oils are a nice touch! My personal favorite is lemon. There’s nothing like the fresh smell of lemon. Lavender is another great option! These wipes are easy to make and only require a few basic ingredients. Looking for more DIY projects? Check out: A Simple DIY Mounting Block For Your Riding Arena