Equestrian centers and working farms are on every corner in Middleburg, Virginia. This southern destination is known as horse and hunt country! Situated near the Blue Ridge Mountains, this travel spot is filled with local art, historical landmarks, and tasty cuisine. If you’re a horse lover, then Middleburg should be on your bucket list!
This beautiful city is located in Loudoun County, Virginia. There are over 15,000 horses in this area. You can enjoy everything from foxhunting and dressage to trail riding and polo.
Some of the places worth visiting include:
- The Loudoun Heritage Farm Museum should definitely be on your itinerary. You’ll be able to discover the rich farming history of the area.
- The National Sporting Library & Museum offers exhibits on horsemanship, shooting, steeplechasing, foxhunting, flat racing, polo, coaching and wildlife.
- The Salamander Resort & Spa has 25 on-site acres dedicated to riding and a 14,000-square-foot stable. Take the whole family on a horseback adventure!
- There are countless stables that offer riding lessons, trail rides, and pony rides! Check out Chase Run Stable, Foxrock Stables, Over Look Farm, and Red Gate Farm to name a few.
- The Middleburg Spring Races should be on your list if you enjoy the rush of steeplechase.
For more excitement, check out this welcome video!
In addition to horses, there are plenty of wineries, museums, and hiking trails for the whole family. You won’t be disappointed with a trip to Middleburg!