PBR (Professional Bull Riders) has announced that its annual charitable “Cowboys for a Cause” event will take place on the iconic King Ranch and be carried on CBS Television Network as a special two-hour broadcast on Sunday Sept. 4 from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. ET.
Charitable donations from PBR and its partners through the event will support conservation and sustainability efforts across the State of Texas and include a gift to the TSCRA (Texas & Southwestern Cattle Raisers Assoc.) The donation to TSCRA will be distributed to multiple local and rural fire departments that helped landowners fight wildfires across Texas earlier this year.
Cowboys for a Cause 2022 will feature eight teams of three bull riders competing in a two round, non-points event. After the three riders on each team attempt one bull in the first round of competition, the three teams with the top aggregate score will advance to the championship round, when each rider for every remaining team in the competition will get on one bull apiece. The team with the highest aggregate score in that final round will be the event champion in a winner-take-all finish.
Bull riders selected by coaches in the PBR Team Series, a new league of eight teams that launched in late July heading into a championship in November, will represent: Boot Barn (Carolina Cowboys), Kubota (Texas Rattlers), Lucas Oil (Oklahoma Freedom), South Point Hotel Casino and Spa (Austin Gamblers), Stillhouse Vodka (Nashville Stampede), Union Home Mortgage (Arizona Ridge Riders), Wrangler (Kansas City Outlaws), and ZipRecruiter (Missouri Thunder).
“We are excited to host the PBR Cowboys for a Cause charity event on King Ranch,” said Robert Hodgen, CEO of King Ranch, Inc. “An even greater honor is to partner with PBR and the Texas & Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association in demonstrating our appreciation to the many local fire departments that helped us fight fires earlier in 2022 during this historic drought. Supporting the local communities where our employees live and work is a guiding principle for King Ranch and made it easy to endorse this worthwhile event.”
“We are honored to be taking Cowboys for a Cause to the historic King Ranch, the birthplace of American ranching,” said Sean Gleason, Commissioner and CEO, PBR. “Our sport, built on the hard work of cattleman and ranchers, is closely aligned with the long-term principles of King Ranch, including habitat conservation and sustainable land management. We are thrilled to be able to partner with King Ranch to promote these values and support worthy organizations and do so in the exciting team event format.”
Here are the lineups for Cowboys for a Cause 2022:
- Team Boot Barn (Carolina Cowboys): Boudreaux Campbell; Leonardo Lima; Ramon de Lima
- Team Kubota (Texas Rattlers): Brady Fielder; Braidy Randolph; Daniel Keeping
- Team Lucas Oil (Oklahoma Freedom): Dawson Branton; Deklan Garland; Kyle McDaniel
- Team South Point Hotel Casino and Spa (Austin Gamblers): Griffin Smeltzer; Conner Halverson; Elijah Mora
- Team Stillhouse Vodka (Nashville Stampede): Lucas Fideles Souza; Dustin Ortiz; Joao Henrique Lucas
- Team Union Home Mortgage (Arizona Ridge Riders): Alisson De Souza; Eduardo Aparecido; Luciano De Castro
- Team Wrangler (Kansas City Outlaws): Koltin Hevalow; Clancy Hart; Sam Woodall
- Team ZipRecruiter (Missouri Thunder): Callum Miller; Leandro Machado; Marcelo Procopio Pereira
(Release courtesy of PBR).