Our Newsletter to your inbox every week!
- Bring your horse in his stall before you give him his grain. Make him stand patiently before you dump it. Don’t allow him to be pushy or nip at you.
- Feed him a flake of hay before his grain to encourage a fuller stomach.
- If possible, break feeding times into three instead of one or two.
- Try feeding in a flat, wide bucket, so the grain can spread out easier.
- Add three or four rocks in the bucket. This will slow him down as he picks around the obstacles. Unfortunately, if he is smart, he’ll just push the rocks to one side. Keep an eye on him to see if it’s working.
- For best results, try a slow-feeder bucket. They are designed for the quick eater! The bucket will have grooves and depressions that give the horse a harder time.