Kill two birds with one stone this summer! If you’re wanting to improve your performance in the show ring and take the time to kick back and relax in the sunshine, pick up a good read on mental game! We all know that mental strength is just as important as practice with your horse, regardless of the discipline. Here are some top picks for you!
Amazon’s Best Sellers: Best Sports Psychology Books
Horse & Rider Specific…
Some of Amazon’s best sellers are tailored specifically for ultimate equine success!
- “Two Brains, One Aim: A Riding Coach’s Key Concepts for Bringing Horse and Rider Together (and Ending in Success!)”
- “Horse Brain, Human Brain: The Neuroscience of Horsemanship”
- “Perfect Mind, Perfect Ride: Sport Psychology for Successful Riding”
- “Brain Training for Riders: Unlock Your Riding Potential with StressLess Techniques for Conquering Fear, Improving Performance, and Finding Focused Calm”
- “Inside Your Ride: Mental Skills for Being Happy and Successful with Your Horse”
- “Ride Big: The Ultimate Guide to Building Equestrian Confidence”
There are also some great read that provide a broader approach to mental coaching!
- “A Year of Positive Thinking: Daily Inspiration, Wisdom, and Courage”
- “Range: Why Generalists Triumph in a Specialized World”
- “The Mamba Mentality: How I Play”
- “Winning: The Unforgiving Race to Greatness (Tim Grover Winning Series)”
- “Relentless: From Good to Great to Unstoppable (Tim Grover Winning Series)”
- “The Champion’s Mind: How Great Athletes Think, Train, and Thrive”
Many of Amazon’s bestsellers are also offered in an audiobook version for those on the go!