A gaited horse always has a foot on the ground when they move. Each leg travels independently, which produces an unusual movement. Most agree that it’s quite comfortable and smooth though! There’s a wide selection of gaited horses, including all different sizes and colors. They’re a unique bunch!
Benefits of a Gaited Horse
- They’re perfect for beginners. These horses have a smooth gait that allows a rider to easily sit to it. That means no bouncing around!
- Those with back problems can now ride. Their smoother gaits allow those with aches and pains to feel more comfortable.
- They can travel long distances. This makes them perfect for trail riders and dude ranches.
- Most are quiet and gentle. Many of the gaited breeds are known for their good temperaments.
- There’s a wide selection of breeds available. Some may enjoy the unique movement of the Paso Fino, while others like the flashy Tennessee Walking Horse.
- They come in a range of colors. Some like the Spotted Saddle Horse are known for their pinto color. They can even have different eye colors.
- Many of the breeds are versatile. They’re great for pleasure riding and competitions. Some jump and even drive.
A few of the more well-known breeds include the Tennessee Walking Horse, Rocky Mountain Horse, Spotted Saddle Horse, Paso Fino, Icelandic Horse, and American Saddlebred. Have you had a chance to experience one yet?