This holiday season take a moment to thank your horse for all that they’ve done for you. Through the highs and lows, their love is constant. Horses are our teachers, students, friends, and supporters. The shoulder you need to cry on and the comic relief you need on a stressful day.
It’s easy to thank them with just a little effort!
Ways to Thank Your Horse
1. Scratch their favorite spot
2. Give them some treats
3. Schedule a massage
4. Hand graze them for a few minutes
5. Hang out with them in their stall/field
6. Spice up your ride by going somewhere new
7. Hang a toy in their stall
8. Give them some extra hay
9. Try a long grooming session
10. Schedule regular vet, farrier, and dentist appointments
11. Make sure they have a friend or companion
12. Have a saddle fitter check your equipment
13. Let them bob for apples
14. Try an enrichment activity
15. Consider equine acupuncture
16. Learn how your horse communicates and listen
17. Chop up some carrots for their feed
18. Feed high-quality food
19. Give them a day or two off each week
20. Embrace them with a bear hug
Thanking your horse can be as simple as giving them a treat, but it could also be keeping them healthy and happy through quality care.
Share your favorite ways to show your horse love!