Our Newsletter to your inbox every week!
Himalayan salt is a great supplement to your horse’s diet. It has an abundance of trace minerals that keep deficiencies away. These beneficial nutrients are great for horses, livestock, and other pets! Himalayan salt is usually hung with a rope in your horse’s stall or run-in shelter. It’s also sold in large blocks for feeding bigger herds.
Most blocks include the following minerals: boron, chromium, copper, fluoride, iodine, manganese, selenium, zinc, and others. Your horse will come and lick it as needed!
- Acts as electrolytes, which promotes water consumption and decreases risk of dehydration
- Supports healthy cell bodily functions
- Strengthens bones, joints, teeth, and hooves
- Helps muscles recover from hard work
- Encourages a strong and healthy heart
- Balances hormones
- Prevents colic
- Long-lasting and easy to hang
- Entertains horses
- Safe for other pets, wildlife, and livestock
Himalayan salt can be purchases at nearly any tack store! Tractor Supply sells a 7.3 pound block for $11.99.
Most horses really enjoy having one of these around. You can’t go wrong by trying one out!