Loretta Lynn once said, “I’m trying to lead a good Christian life, so there ain’t too much spicy to tell about me.” There may not be too much spicy to say, but she does have some sassy quotes to live by! We’re sharing the best words from the coal miner’s daughter, herself!
Loretta Lynn is “the most awarded lady in country music history” with 45 million singles sold and being named the first woman to be the entertainer of the year.
- “In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent.”
- “I loved being outside. We’d hold lightning bugs in our fingers and pretend they were diamond rings.”
- “Really, I don’t know what I’d do with myself if I retire. Wash dishes?”
- “To make it in this business, you either have to be first, great or different.”
- “I love people and I love to sing, and that’s what keeps me going.”
- “When something is bothering me, I write a song that tells my feelings.”
- “My attitude toward men who mess around is simple: If you find ’em, kill ’em.”
- “I’ve been married to the same man for all this time. The way we fight sometimes, you can tell.”
- “I want more out of life than I’ve gotten.”
- “I refuse to be pushed around anymore.”
“I get along with all the women singers, but especially Dolly Parton. We talk the same hillbilly language.”
Read Dolly Parton’s own quotes here!