Our Newsletter to your inbox every week!
Chocolate Brownie Pudding
Recipe courtesy of What’s Gaby Cooking
2 sticks unsalted butter
4 large eggs
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup dutch cocoa powder
1/2 cup AP flour
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tablespoon Kahlua
Vanilla ice cream, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly butter a 9×9 baking dish. Melt the 1/2 pound of butter and set aside to cool.
2. Sift the cocoa powder and flour together and set aside. **Quick tip – whenever I sift flours together, I do it onto a piece of parchment so it’s easy to pick up and add to the mixing bowl)
3. In your mixer, beat the eggs and sugar on medium-high speed for 5 to 10 minutes, until very thick and light yellow. (see the image above) After 10 minutes, reduce the speed to low and add the vanilla, Kahlua, and the cocoa powder and flour mixture. Mix very slowly until everything is just combined. Slowly pour in the cooled butter and mix again just until combined.
4. Pour the mixture into the baking dish and place it in a larger baking pan. Add warm water to the pan until it comes halfway up the side of the dish Carefully place it into the oven, making sure not to slosh the water around and bake for 1 hour.
5. When it’s time to take it out – don’t fear – it’s absolutely going to look like it’s under-baked. (that’s normal) Remove from the water and place in the fridge to cool. Because obviously there isn’t enough calories in the brownie pudding, serve it with vanilla ice cream